About the Summer Lift System in La Plagne
11 lifts are open in La Plagne during the summer, and they typically operate from 9am until 5pm through July & August, but take note that not all of them are open every day of the week, and they all take a break for lunch at either 12:15 or 12:45.
Lifts will stop running in the case of high winds of bad weather but you can check on this before you head out by looking at the live lift status.
- Pierres Blanches chairlift (Montchavin/Les Coches)
- Montchavin chair lift (Montchavin/Les Coches)
- Lac Noir chair lift (Montchavin/Les Coches)
- Telebufette (Montchavin/Les Coches)
- Champagny gondola (Champagny)
- Colorado chair lift (Plagne Centre)
- La Roche chairlift (Aime 2000)
- Roche de Mio gondola (Plagne Bellecôte)
- Glacier de Bellecôte gondola (only for pedestrians, not mountain bikers)
- Montalbert gondola (Montalbert)
- You can connect to neighbouring Les Arcs via the Vanoise Express cable car, but be advised it only operates mid week and not on the weekends.
The lifts are mountain-bike friendly with bike hooks, trolleys or gondola cabins that you can fit them into, allowing you to access all the MTB trails in La Plagne with ease. Only one lift does not permit bikes - the Bellecote glacier, as this is just reserved for pedestrians. Pedestrians and bikes can all use the same type of lift pass, and occasionally share the same paths, although there are some dedicated mountain bike trails to keep everyone separate.
In Summer, the Summer Lift Pass Prices and the Summer Lift Pass Options are slightly different to winter - it is worth checking the which lifts you can use before setting off. Paragliders also have access to a number of lifts throughout the summer.
Find your way around with our maps for summer hiking & walking or the mountain biking.
When to come
Take a look at the summer lift opening dates & timetables.