Bastille Day is celebrated across the whole of France with a bang...well, several in fact, fireworks always feature heavily.
And the residents of La Plagne celebrate this national holiday with as much enthusiasm as the rest of the country. Various activities are held across the city on the 14th, in memory of the storming of the Bastille on the same date in 1789. Traditionally the fireworks display normally starts off between 22:00 and 23:00.
Celebrations are also generally free of charge.
More La Plagne Insights...
- La Folie Douce lands in Les Arcs winter 2019/20
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in La Plagne
- 8 reasons to book your 2019/20 La Plagne ski break early
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in La Plagne
- Insider's guide to L'Etape du Tour 2019