This stage of the Ice Climbing World Cup takes place at the Tour de Glace in Champagny en Vanoise.
The competition involves climbers trying to reach the top of an ice tower - the higher you get, the more difficult the climb becomes.
The level of strength and skill on display is simply unbelievable, this is a great spectator sport and is free to watch.
More La Plagne Insights...
- La Plagne Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Fresh snow coming to La Plagne this weekend
- Gloriously sunny weeks in La Plagne
- First snow report of 2020 from La Plagne
- La Plagne in January 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Happy New Year from La Plagne!