We've been waiting with baited breath for updates on the brand new Envers chairlift in Aime 2000. Work started on the lift last summer and it was due to be in operation in December and then re-planned for this month, but it's still not quite ready.
Reasons for the delay aren't clear and there has been a lot of speculation and rumour about why it's not running yet, however the good news is that we now have a tentative date for when it will start operating.
Final tests and safety checks are due to take place in the last week of February with the lift potentially running from the following week, 1st week of March 2017.
As Anita mentioned in her latest snow report, the lift will no doubt help cut down congestion forming in other parts of the ski area. Fingers crossed.
More La Plagne Insights...
- La Plagne Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- La Folie Douce lands in Les Arcs winter 2019/20
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in La Plagne
- 8 reasons to book your 2019/20 La Plagne ski break early
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in La Plagne