Everyone is welcome to join in this short ski touring race that starts at the Montalbert Tourist Office at 18:00.
Starting off from 1,350m and climbing up to 1,600m, racers will skin up the pistes and ski back down again in three stages. Touring skis and boots can be rented from most ski shops in resort if you don't have your own.
There are four age categories: under 20s, 21-23, 24-40 and over 40s. Register in advance at the Tourist Office for a small fee, which includes a meal afterwards. Spectators are welcome, just gather at the Tourist Office shortly before 18:00 to catch some of the action.
This race is part of the La Plagne Rando Challenge, comprising four different events throughout the season:
16th January: La Montée des Raveillus Race - Champagny en Vanoise
21st March: Les Diables Bleus - Montachavin Les Coches
25th March: La Rando by NIght - La Plagne Centre
More La Plagne Insights...
- Escaping the February crowds in La Plagne
- February half-term fun in La Plagne
- La Plagne Dump Alert - 14th February 2020
- Changeable weather in La Plagne
- La Plagne Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- La Plagne in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do