The third Thursday in November is when this year's Beaujolais hits the shelves and is cause for celebration across France.
Beaujolais Nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes, fermented for just a few weeks before being being distributed to bars, shops and restaurants.
The wine may not be to everyone's taste but "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" has become an annual tradition, with many bars in La Plagne holding wine tasting sessions.
More La Plagne Insights...
- Fresh snow coming to La Plagne this weekend
- Gloriously sunny weeks in La Plagne
- First snow report of 2020 from La Plagne
- La Plagne in January 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Happy New Year from La Plagne!
- A Christmas gift of powder in La Plagne