After the weirdest few days of weather, including rain on Sunday night at 2000m, we’ve woken to a beautiful fresh cover of snow this morning in La Plagne. Yesterday’s mini-storm brought a much-needed top-up to conditions as the snow was sheet ice in places following a refreeze after Sunday’s rain.
Officially, we’ve received 5cm at 1250m, 20cm at 2000m and the same at 3000m, however, yesterday’s winds were fierce so you can expect to find much deeper pockets scattered around the hill. Surprisingly, the avalanche risk is only 3/5, particularly given we have definite layers after the recent freeze-thaw conditions.
Today has the potential to be one of the days of the season. If you’re here, get out there and ride it.
Get in touch with our reporter Stuart Hamilton on his new site iRide, featuring videos, guides, playlists and more. Stuart also produces SnowGuru, SnowGuruVR, SnowboardApp and SkiApp – a range of Android skiing and snowboarding apps that improve your time in the mountains.
More La Plagne Insights...
- Escaping the February crowds in La Plagne
- February half-term fun in La Plagne
- La Plagne Dump Alert - 14th February 2020
- Changeable weather in La Plagne
- La Plagne Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- La Plagne in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do