This warm and welcoming traditional chalet is situated in a tranquil area of La Plagne 1800. A very short walk away from the slopes or to the free shuttle bus stop which takes you to Plagne Centre and beyond.
The interior has been decorated in a traditional style using timber and bright fabrics. The main living space is open plan and situated on the second floor so you can enjoy the stunning mountain scenery from an elevated position whilst enjoying a drink with friends and family. The living area has a comfortable set of armchairs and a sofa where you can stretch out and relax next to the log fireplace. The large dining table is set back from the sitting area and runs parallel to the kitchen where your hosts will be preparing your delicious meals. The room has access to a spacious balcony which is a great spot on sunny days to enjoy a well-deserved cup of tea and slice of cake in the afternoons.
After a full day on the slopes you can look forward to returning to chalet and heating yourself through to the bone in the sauna, soothing any aching muscles. There is also a TV and DVD player so you can switch off in front of a film or make use of the iPod dock so you can chillout to your favourite tunes. WiFi access is also available throughout the chalet meaning you can easily keep up with friends and family at home.
The chalet also features a ski room where you can store all your equipment without it taking over your living space and there are also boot warmers so you can easily slide on your ski boots each morning and have toasty toes!
The chalet sleeps up to 15 in six bedroom which are configured as follows:
- Bedroom 1: Single room with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Family room with two twin beds and a bunk-bed and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Family room with two twin beds and a bunk-bed and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Twin bedroom with access to a private bathroom
- Bedroom 5: Twin room under the eaves with access to a shared bathroom with 6
- Bedroom 6: Twin room under the eaves with access to a shared bathroom with 5
This chalet is run by 'Will I Ski?' who is owned by Phoebe and Charlie, two veterans of the ski industry, having previously hosted chalets, managed resorts and hotels and even sold ski holidays. As a result, they understand and listen to their customers. They offer a unique personal touch that large operators are unable to guarantee and aim to deliver a flexible service that will surpass your expectations.
The chalet is let on a catered basis and food is very important to the owners. You can look forward to the following:
- Breakfast: The most important meal of the day, each morning a choice of French bread, pastries, condiments and cereals are available. Not to mention a complete full English fry up. They will do their best to provide most things. Fancy pancakes? They’ll make you some.
- Afternoon tea: Phoebe, your host, loves a good cake and luckily she can’t eat the whole thing to herself. Each day when you return from the slopes a freshly baked cake that could rival Mary Berry will be waiting for you.
- Dinner: A 4-course evening meal served with a choice of free flowing wine. Each evening you will receive a starter, main course and dessert followed by a cheese board, tea and coffee.
- Children’s High Tea: Children’s high tea is also available upon request. They can feed the little ones at an earlier time of your choosing. They serve healthy and freshly made meals to suit the younger pallet. The can even make their own pizzas if they feel like getting their hands dirty in the kitchen.
Also see: Catering & Private Chefs in La Plagne 1800, France
Families & Kids
If you fancy some time to yourselves whilst on holiday, the owners can arrange for babysitting and childcare, in advance, as part of their service.
Also see: Childcare in La Plagne 1800, France
Instructors & Lessons
Whether you are looking for a private lesson to brush up on your technique, ski school for the kids or have beginners in the group, the owners can help organise all the details as part of their service.
Also see: Ski School in La Plagne 1800, France
Guides & Tours
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own Guides & Tours, which are a great way to discover La Plagne whilst doing a number of fun activities. During the winter, if you are keen to go off-piste, booking a High Mountain Guide is strongly recommended. Not only do they know the best local spots, these highly trained and experienced individuals are very familiar with the surroundings and can provide loads of insights you won’t get by yourself, as well as helping to ensure your safety.
Also see: Guides & Tours in La Plagne 1800, France
- "Wow, what a fantastic ski holiday!! What great hosts Charlie and Phoebe were - nothing was ever too much trouble, they know everything about the area - skiing, activities, where to eat etc. Lovely food and Phoebe is definitely the Queen of cakes - amazing afternoon tea!! The Chalet is amazing and brilliantly located with fantastic views. Couldn't have asked for better hosts and would recommend to anyone - perfect holiday!!" - Trip Advisor
- "Professional, friendly, comfortable with amazing food. Phoebe should go on the bake off with her incredible cakes on offer every day. Phoebe and Charlie start your day with a full spread for breakfast. Upon your return from a busy day skiing in the mountains, afternoon tea and snacks are provided followed by a 3 course meal in the evening. Their menu is varied and delicious. Phoebe and Charlie make you feel at home and have an amazing attention to detail. They know the area and have many suggestions and recommendations for the slopes and nearby restaurants. We had the most amazing week of skiing, relaxing and food. Thank you for making our 2nd honeymoon so special. We hope you'd have us to stay again! X" - Trip Advisor
- "Charlie and Phoebe are fantastic hosts, they provide a personalised ski holiday and the most incredible food, being a coeliac I am a pain to cater for, but Charlie and Phoebe provided a brilliant menu. The chalet is homely and the rooms are spotless and comfortable. The skiing in La Plagne is brilliant and the chalet is so close to the slopes. As a family holiday this is everything we wanted it to be and we will be booking up again for next year!" - Trip Advisor
- "8 of us had a superb week at Chalet Marmotte. The food and service from Charlie & Phoebe is simply brilliant - and they make it seem so effortless. The chalet feels so comfortable thanks to the hosts. Definitely the most relaxing stay I have enjoyed in a chalet - and the skiing was excellent." - Trip Advisor
Situated just downhill from Plagne Centre, 1800 is easily accessible via the free shuttle bus network, which connects it with Plagne Centre and Plagne Bellecote. 1800, is a self-contained village, which has several ski service and ski hire outlets as well as restaurants, bars and shops for clothing, souvenirs and groceries.
Plagne 1800 is one of the prettiest villages of La Plagne affording the onlooker a traditional vista of wooden snow topped chalets clustered about a few steep turns of la Plagne’s hairpin road.
For food head to Mamma Mia’s a fun and friendly pizzeria and takeaway, Larger La Loup Blanc is warm and hospitable providing a great lunch stop for crepes and vin chaud on the terrace or a full menu of steak, pizzas and Savoyard specials.
Also see: Restaurants in La Plagne 1800, France
The Vanoise National park is on the doorstep and you can see Mont Blanc from teh higest parts of resort on a clear day.
Also see: Book My Sightseeing
Family friendly 1800 offers a small, beginners ski area, where lessons take place, whilst the Melezes and 1800 chairlifts connect the village with the rest of the resort via Plagne Centre and Aime 2000 respectively. The runs back into the village from the surrounding area are a mixture of reds and blues offering wide highway pistes and narrower winding ones, these runs can become busy and somewhat messy in peak season as they are high traffic areas, but with care and a little off-piste can provide access to – or close to most accommodation.
Also see: Ski Areas in La Plagne, France
Atmospheric La Mine, hung with old mining equipment and paraphernalia is the undisputed centre of 1800’s nightlife, providing a warm welcome to locals, tourists and seasonaires alike. The staff are friendly, the beer is good, the live music is loud and there’s always something going on, you might find them hosting a quarter pipe and rail jam out on their front deck! For more nightlife you’d have to head to out to the other villages, easy to do as the shuttle buses run until after midnight and the good news is if you miss the last one from Plagne Centre at least it’s a down hill walk (or sledge) home.
Also see: Bars in La Plagne 1800, France
Location: La Plagne 1800
Catering Basis: Catered
Property Style: Chalet
Run By: British-bonded tour-operator
Vibe / Atmosphere: Traditional & Modern mix
Sleeps: Sleeps 15
Bedrooms: 6 bedroom
Bookings For: Childcare / Babysitting | Lift Passes | Ski / Snowboard Hire | Ski / Snowboard Lessons | Transfers
Catering: Half-board | Afternoon tea | Breakfast | Dinner
Cleaning: Daily housekeeping
Access: Children welcome | Family rooms
Room: Balcony | Open fire | Ski / Boot Room
Entertainment: DVD Player | Free WiFi | iPod Dock | TV | X-box
Spa & Fitness: Sauna
View: Mountain view
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter
Prices & Availability