Grenoble airport is centrally located in the Rhône-Alpes and provides access to many of the major French ski resorts; it is most handy for the Southern Alps resorts of Alpe d’Huez and Les Deux Alpes, which can be reached by car in around 1 hour 45 mins. The airport only operates in winter.
Although the airport itself is quite a long way outside Grenoble, there are good connections to other airports, train stations and on into the ski resorts.
- Airport Code: GNB
- Distance from Grenoble city centre: 65km
- Number of terminals: 1
- Number of runways: 3
- Accepted Currency: Euros (€)
- Information Desk: There is an Information Desk inside the terminal; they can help with calling taxis, looking for lost property and general assistance.
Travel & Transport:
- Parking: The car park is easily located just opposite the terminal. With space for 500 cars, stays of less than an hour are free of charge. Long-term parking is reasonably priced and annual parking passes are also available.
- Car Hire: Cars can be hired from Avis, Europcar, National Citer and Hertz at the offices in the car park.
- Coaches: Coach tickets can be bought at the desk opposite Baggage Claim, look out for the ‘Transfers’ sign. Find coach services here.
- Travelling to La Plagne: The most common methods of getting from Grenoble Airport to La Plagne are by transfer bus or hire car. Read our Transfers Guide for more information.
- Railway Station: There is no direct railway link from Grenoble Airport. There is a regular shuttle bus that runs between the airport and the city centre railway station; the company is Transisère and the fare is normally around €4 each way. Tickets can be bought on the bus itself or at the coach station in Grenoble. The latest timetables can be found on the Transisère website, or on our Buses Page.
- Airlines: There are regular flights in and out of Grenoble in winter only. Please note that the cheapest airline to fly into may not always be the most economical overall; it is always worth researching how much your Airport Transfer will cost before you book your bargain flight! Find a flight here.
Services & Facilities:
- Restaurants, Bars & Takeaways: Grenoble Airport has just 1 restaurant and this is on the public side of the terminal, please note that there are no food/drink facilities other than a drinks vending machine in the departure lounge.
- Shops: The airport shops consist of 1 duty-free shop, a Relay shop (newsagents) and a souvenir shop.
- Conference Rooms: Grenoble Airport has a Business Centre, which offers meeting rooms and lounges for hire. There is also a private VIP arrivals and departures lounge.
- Cash & Currency: You can withdraw cash (Euros) from ATMs throughout the airport; unfortunately there is no currency exchange desk.
Luggage / Animals
- Left Luggage: There is no left luggage facility at Grenoble airport. Find out more about the types of luggage you can carry and what not to bring with you.
- Lost Luggage: There is a lost and found service at the Information Desk. Luggage that has been lost in transit should be reported to your airline and to the baggage handlers.
- Animals: The general policy for animals is that those weighing under 5kg and carried in a bag (à la Paris Hilton’s Chihuahua) can travel in the cabin. Animals weighing more than 5kg should travel in a cage in the hold. All arrangements should be made in advance and you should contact your airline to clarify what their individual policy is.
- Saint Etienne de Saint Geoirs 38590 France